Sunday, March 2, 2008

Dinner Help!

So I'm at the point right now that I don't really know what to make for dinner these days. Lately it's been grilled cheese, spaghetti, frozen lasagna, etc. Do any of you have any fun ideas for me? I'll go to the grocery store and have a hard time knowing what to even buy because I'm so bored with the typical dinners we have these days. Anyway, if any of you have some good recipes I would love to have some sent my way : ).

5 comments:

Sarah said...

What types of things do you like to eat, we have tons of recipes...

Ali Jones said...

OOH Kirsten,
Take chicken (chicken tenders work best, but you can use chicken breast) put it in the crock pot. Take 2 cans cream of chicken soup(reduced fat taste really good) and a packet of dry onion soup mix and mix together. Pour over the chicken and let it work all day! Serve over rice. Its so easy and so yummy!!
Ali

Jessica B said...

help is on the way! (check your email)

shari berry bo-berry said...

This is an easy way to to chicken that my family loves:

Easy Parmesan Garlic Chicken

½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 envelope Italian Salad Dressing mix
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 lbs)
½ tsp garlic powder

Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix cheese, garlic powder, and salad dressing mix. Moisten chicken with water; coat with cheese mixture. Place in shallow baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. ** Any left over chicken is really good sliced/cubed in a green salad!

A fun dinner for kids is to have them make their own pizzas - like with english muffins, pita or flat bread, bagels, etc. Totally simple, but fun for them to help out. Just use spaghetti sauce, shredded mozzerella and your favorite toppings then just put them under the broiler for a few minutes.

another thing we do (which I love) is pancakes for dinner -- or any kind of breakfast item. it's really fun for the kids, and pretty simple also!

Steve and Kirsten said...

THanks for all your dinner helps guys! Steve and I should have a couple fun dinners in the next couple weeks : )