Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Disaster cake

So for Alyssa's Birthday this year I chose to tackle a barbie/princess cake...not a good idea. Both cake mixes didn't turn out and were so crumbly. The domb cake pan ended up not cooking the cake batter so it was all runny in the middle and I had to cook it longer, which then produced a very dry cake. The two bottom round cakes were just really crumbly. I'm just glad that lots of frosting can cover up so much mess! In the end it wasn't what I wanted it to look like, but Alyssa was happy and that's all that matters.

What a MESS!



Finished product and a happy little girl!

3 comments:

Justin and Kenzee said...

Cakes can get to be pretty stressful. I see why so many people just pay the price for a store bought one. I think it really turned out great, though. You'd never know it was a crumbly cake underneath.
Alyssa is such a cute birthday girl!

Tracy said...

Ii wondered how the cake turned out...you GO GIRL!!! You SO fixed that cake to perfection! Great job!

ZJBrewCrew said...

That is the best little "Barbie" cake I have ever seen!!! Sheesh! Such talent --- and patience, I'm sure!! Great job!! Love the rock walk way! That looks so good!!