Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Noah has arrived!

Noah Austin Garcia has arrived!
8lbs 4 oz
20.5 in

He came to us last week a little early.  He was due the 10th.  The delivery went well.  My water broke at 3:30 am and he was born at 11:15 am.  I was able to yet again go all-nat-u-ral : ). 

Unfortunately I somehow contracted a VERY dangerous bacteria in my bloodstream during delivery, which is still to this day unknown how.  I am still in the hospital and was actually transfered from the Tooele hospital to IMC so I would have all the resources available.  It's been very scary, but with so MANY prayers and preisthood blessings we feel that all will be well.  We would like to thank all those that have been praying for us...WE CAN FEEL YOUR PRAYERS!  Noah has stayed with us (Steve and I) the entire time, which has been a blessing.  I've been able to nurse even with all the medications and he's healthy, which has also been a blessing.  Not many mother's would want to have their newborn living on the Infectious Desease floor, but we feel our Heavenly Father has blessed him with good health.  Steve has been amazing through this whole process...he's my rock and so faithful.  He has not left my side since this happened.  I'm so blessed to have such an amazing husband.  Again thanks for the prayers and want you all to know that I'm feeling well and hope to be home soon!

10 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

Congratulations! He is PERFECT!

I'm so sorry to hear about you being sick! I hope you get well soon so you can get back to your family and enjoy your new baby at HOME!

xoxo!

Erin Jepsen said...

Kirsten, we have all been praying for you and receiving updates through the ward. I hope you will be home soon. We are planning on bringing a dinner. We will just wait and see when you are ready for it. He is darling, take care, and get well soon!!

amber and john said...

So happy you did a post! Noah is so sweet. What a little angel to endure this with his mom and dad. I know you are being blessed. We are all praying for you and love you guys! We hope to see you soon!!!

Amy said...

Congratulations on your sweet little Noah and his safe arrival! I have been wondering if he was here yet! I am so sorry for all that you are going through and I truly hope that all continues to go well with your recovery. Please let me know if I can take your other kids for a play date while you are away from home. My prayers will be with you and your darling family.

Jen said...

Congratulations on sweet little Noah! He is such a handsome guy!
I am so sorry that you aren't as healthy as he is. We'll be praying for you and your family!

Tobi said...

What a cutie! I am so glad he is healthy and hope you can follow suit soon!

Lindsay said...

He's darling! Congratulations! I hope you can recover quickly, and start enjoying your new baby at home!

Mindy said...

I hope you get well soon Kirsten. Noah looks darling!

Camey said...

Oh so good to read this! Who was your doctor? Seriously so scary and glad everyone is okay! I had kidney stones after Spencer and was in the hospital for 9 days. I was on pain meds and couldn't breastfeed and lost all my milk, so I am SO glad this is not happening to you. It was so discouraging!

Holly said...

He is so beautiful!!! We are so glad you are doing well. Let us know if you need anything at all.