Saturday, September 20, 2008

Paint Nightmare!

So, we decided to have some cement poured this week. We found a really good deal and just couldn't pass it up. The cement was great, but we had decided to go with a highlighted color that we had seen in a picture that the cement people had shown us. In the picture there was a really nice red trim, which we liked. We decided to mimic that look and it turned out disasterous! Just have a little fun looking at our UofU red colors. I think the best part was that as people drove past our home they would slow down to almost a stop and just look at it...is was really, really UGLY. Now that we've changed the color we are so much happier with the results, although we probably would never had painted the cement to begin with if it hadn't been for the pictures we had seen, oh well, we live and learn : ).

GO UTES...just kidding...it looks like we are die hard Ute fans...maybe we should paint little white "U's" to really go all out : ).

After picture - don't you think it looks much nicer?


6 comments:

terrah said...

I'm so glad they changed it for you! I drove by after aerobics yesterday to check it out, and it was pretty bright! I love the new color.

Justin and Kenzee said...

I drove by after aerobics too. I was one of those people that drove by slowly and stared! Ha! It looks really nice now. So they ended up fixing it for you? or did you repaint it on your own?

Steve and Kirsten said...

We repainted it on Saturday morning...it wasn't worth the hasle to get them to do it : ).

Laura said...

Wow! That was very red! The new color looks great. Did you just use regular outdoor paint or do they make special concrete paint? I didn't know you could just do that. The joys of landscaping huh?

Iris said...

Ok....I much prefer the new color.....but Go Utes! It's a great story =)

TylerandJuliaBriggs said...

The red color was a little scary. Why red? Nothing on your house is red. Good thing you changed it.