We had the opportunity to attend the Draper open house yesterday. The girls were so excited because this time they could actually go inside, rather then wait outside. I was so impressed with how well organized the whole process was. We met at a chapel watched a short video and then were bussed up to the temple. The bus was so exciting for the girls. They had fun watching through the window as we got closer. Sienna and Alyssa really liked the pamphlets they gave them. As we entered each room they tried to find the picture in their pamphlets, it was really cute. At the end of the tour we sat in a sealing room and that's wear a couple explained the importance of that room. Alyssa really got comfortable and managed to take her coat off and kick her boots off onto the floor. Makenzie decided she wanted to be a heard at that point, but we were able to quiet her down so that everyone could enjoy the moment. What a fun experience to go with our family together. I asked Sienna what her favorite part was and she said riding in the bus, seeing the "donkeys" (the baptismal font), and to see the sparkley lights inside the celestial room. I'm so glad we have temples so close and that we can attend them often. Steve was thinking back when he went through the Jordan River temple when he was young and he remembers going and realized that he was Sienna's age when he went.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
that is so cool! what a special experience for your girls.
Yeah, we had a couple tense moments with Nolan but that's when we snuck him a jelly bean. We were impressed with the whole process too. I'm glad you enjoyed your time. That's brave of you to take 3kids... they're obviously good girls!
I'm glad your family enjoyed it......I like the donkey comment =) Kids are adorable =)
I am so excited that you took your girls! I was wondering how my two would do but we don't go until March 5th. :) I think Courtney will have the same reaction as Sienna and hopefully Kylee will sleep. :)
We went to the open house about two weeks ago, we love it. I am so grateful to be a member of the church.
It was such a cool experience. Hopefully they will remember at least the feeling there.
How fun, I wonder how much longer they will have the open house. I would really like to go. That's great the kids had that opportunity.
Post a Comment